Some days it’s really hard to keep going, to not give in to the sadness or unfairness of life. Even for someone like me who really believes that people aren’t generally bad or doing what they do to deliberately hurt others. It’s especially hard to see people you love hurt when there’s nothing you can do about it. When they’ve been treated unfairly and you don’t know how to help them. When it’s someone you love, it hurts more than if it had happened to you.
The only thing I know to do in these situations is to batten down and weather, to wait twenty-four hours, to just breathe, even when it hurts just to breathe. That’s what I’m doing today ~ and then I remembered this note-to-self list I wrote a while back, under similar circumstances.
It really does help.
2. take a walk ~ walk it off
3. find the funny
4. Watch a movie
5. sing along with a favorite song that lifts you up
6. watch videos that make you laugh
7. Remember ~ you’ve been through this or something similar before.
9. Don’t do anything. Just wait it out; batten down and weather.
And a bonus one:
10. listen to affirmations ~ preferably in your own voice ~ affirmations in the present tense that tell the best story you can believe (that story gets better, and you’ll find you can believe more and more with practice and seeing even small results).
See you on the beach ~